Thursday 4 February 2010

Not so bad ass finished... nearly

I couldn't quite manage to complete the hands of this sculpt to my liking. They took far too long to sculpt and was probably the one component that took the longest to do out all the parts and I still didn't arrive at a conclusion that I was happy with. That's probably why the boot also remains incomplete. It would have been nice to finish both however I am satisfied with the experience I have gained!








Due to the shape of the hand in this design and the fact that I was having no success with sculpting the basic shape I had exported from 3D Studio Max into Mudbox I chose to completely model the hand in 3D Studio Max. This proved to be a problem as can be seen on the renders as the hand doesnt match the style and form of the rest of the action figure. Mudbox isn't able to model hard edges successfully enough! Something which on further investigation zbrush can!


No comments:

Post a Comment